Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 236

Today was our final full day at Camp of the Woods. It has been incredible. We started the morning a little on the slow side and enjoyed a little breakfast in the room before we can off for Morning Chapel. I was able to attend all 5 mornings of weekday chapel and it was defiantly one of my highlights. While the children were well cared for in care I was able to spiritually connect to Jesus while giving myself a little quite time away from the children. After chapel I had a chance to run a 5K here at Camp of the Woods. While I was smoked after the run, I did complete the 3.1 miles in 29:16.


This afternoon was an easy lazy nap filled afternoon. After a quick snack we set out to gather our finished birdhouses and the CD’s that I bought from the seminars that I was unable to attend. And we even had a chance to play on the beach for a little while.


Emma really wanted to get in one more round of golf, so after dinner that is exactly what we did and even headed to the tennis courts to play with the balls for a little while. And then off to the Friday night music concert we headed. We rounded off our last rainy night at camp with ice cream with our new friends, The Smith’s.

No comments: