Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 231

Our first full day at camp has been incredibly awesome. We were all up relatively earlier but that was fine by me. It gave me a chance to unpack a little more before we headed over to have breakfast. While the children went to Children’s church I went to worship and really enjoyed the music, fellowship, and sermon. The director called us Fort Drum Spouses out as well. All 6 us of stood up and ended up receiving a standing ovation in thanks for our support for our Soldiers. It was incredibly emotional to see so much love and support.

Today was a day and afternoon all about us with nothing but fun to be done. While Logan took a nap Emma enjoyed playing in the sand and lake. She was really enjoying herself and it only got better as the little boy who is 5 next door showed up to play with her. Logan joined us for a little while before I decided my sweet tooth needed to be satisfied, so we headed to the snack shack for ice cream cones and fried dough (elephant ears). We than came back and I joined the children in the lake. While the temp outside was probably in the low 70’s with a wind the water was surprisingly warm.

The night only continued to get better. After dinner the kids and I toured the sports complex and settled on a round of mini-golf. Emma really enjoys this. After golf I asked the kids what they would rather do, go to the park or play shuffle board and Emma choice shuffle board. Of course, this game did not last long so we still headed over to the playground before our friends joined us for smores.

God is incredible. I believe there was a plan for us to be here all along. 5 weeks ago when it was brought to my attention I believe that it was intended to just make me aware of Camp of the Woods. Last week, when my stress level hit the all time high, we were dealing with multiple fatalities and the casualties were hitting close to home I remembered the Camp of The Woods invite. When I made contact it just happened that there was a last minute cancellation for an all expense paid vacation for 7 nights to this Christian Resort. I believe God wants us to be here not just for the time we so desperately need to be together but to remind me of the mother that I want to be and to encourage me to be more patient and allow my kids to be kids. I am so relaxed and having a blast as I am watching my children laugh and enjoy the time as a little family of 3 + our Daddy DollsJ

No comments: