Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 216

Call it coincidence, intuition, or true love. I will call it the bond between a husband and wife that is unbreakable and even the thousands of miles that separate us right now he knew to call. What he did not know was through my tears; I was putting on his big 10th Mountain Division fleece, had just logged onto AKO in hopes he was online, and was scoring his face book page just to feel a little closer to him. At that moment the phone rang and I saw the 3 numbers that made my heart skip a beat as I knew I could relax and let myself cry as I heard his voice.


Today was another one of those days that I dread. Another one of those days that force me to snap out of denial and accept the truth. A day that I want to be over so I can go back into believing that everything is okay and my Soldier is just "at work".

Please pray for our Soldiers and for us, the families. Thank you



1 comment: