Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 232





































Our Monday at Camp of the Woods was another enjoyable and peaceful day. I was able to attend worship this morning and had a chance to listen to a sermon about the truth of the bible and the “truth” in the world today. After Chapel we went and signed up for our weekly activities and baby-sitting services. Emma and I had a chance to go rock climbing as the first one today. I have a zip line activity scheduled for myself as well as a 5K run Friday morning. We are also scheduled to go on a boat ride Tuesday and Wednesday.
After rock climbing the kids enjoyed another afternoon on the beach, oh the fun!! After baths and dinner we were able to attend the parade and carnival. This was such an awesome thing. It was set up perfectly for kids of all ages. Emma and Logan jumped on the bouncies, played games, and had fun with one of the workers. At the end they were both incredibly tired.
So after quickly brushing teeth and getting into bed I was than able to enjoy the end of the beautiful sunset over the lake. This is where God stepped in a little. As I sat there praising him for all my blessings I also prayed he continue to give me the wisdom and yes patience that I so need right now. I also continued to pray for a hug. This morning during worship I realized what I really needed was a hug from someone other than children. As I stood next to my fire still a little teary eyed an older gentlemen about 75 came up and talked to me about his Army career and wanted to know about Matt. It was then that he thanked me and hugged me. I just sat back and started to cry as I really needed that hug. The man apologized and said he did not mean to upset me and I said no, you are the angel God sent down to hug me tonight as I had been praying for a hug. God is great and I am praising Him tonight.

No comments: