Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 217

Exhaustion is the only word I can think of to explain day 217. Day 216 was emotionally draining so when we woke up on this morning I envisioned church, lunch, and a trip to Walmart before heading home to bbq chicken and enjoy our little family. But that changed around 9 AM when I got another phone call to say we lost another Soldier and I needed to make more phone calls. So I spent the next 2 hours making phone calls while my children snacked on random convenience foods and watched TV. I felt horrible, not to mention that I now needed to attend a support meeting to show my support for our unit. At the end of the day my good friend Kresta took care of us. Not only did she take care of the kids so I could attend the meeting but we made breakfast for dinner when I got back and enjoyed her company as we watched the kids pig out on bacon, cheese eggs, and pancakes.

No comments: