Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 235










Today was another easy fun day at Camp of the Woods. We had a nice slow morning that included worship, snacks and coffee, playground, and even some painting in the Arts and Crafts. We even played on a big rock and took a few pictures there.


After lunch, Logan headed down for a nap and the baby-sitter came to the room to watch the kids so I could go zip line. This was a way cool rush and a lot of fun. I had to climb up the tree about 40 feet. I am scared of heights but it was a lot of fun and thankfully the tree was pre done with foot and hand holds. I so hope to get another chance to do something like that again.


After I relieved the baby-sitter the kids were able to get in a swim and sand play outside the cabin. I should have known something was up with Logan because when he got out of the lake he was very upset because I would not let him bath right away. Instead, I changed him into clothes and asked that he wait for Emma to get out so they could bathe together. He was okay with this but just sat on the beach watching the other kids play.

At dinner, Logan refused to eat and wanted to just cuddle with his head on my shoulder. This is so not a Logan thing to do. Just as soon as Emma said she was done with dessert Logan’s tummy gave way and emptied itself all over my shirt and shorts. It was quite the sight that I did not even know how to handle. So we quickly came back to the room so we could get changed. My thought was then to just hang out on the bed and watch Nemo for the evening but he wanted to jump on the bed and later we ended up by the lake blowing bubbles.


When it became appartant that most likely the upset tummy was caused from teething I decided to go on with our plans of Campo tonight. So after Logan went to bed the baby-sitter came and sat with Logan for an hour while Emma and I went to CAMPO (Bingo) we had a good time but Emma was anxious to get back to camp and enjoy a fire pit and play with her friends.

God continues to bless up with many many new friends and incredible ministry. Please praise God with me.

No comments: