Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 233











Today has been a bit of a longer day for me. Last night was so emotionally draining that when Logan woke up at 6:20 AM it was hard for me to just jump up and go. Not to mention that I still have not had enough caffeine to really get me going.
After Chapel, I thought it would be a better idea to get an easy lunch of hot dogs and chicken sandwich at the Snack Shop and get Logan down for an early nap. So after his brief 50 minute nap we woke him up so we could go catch the afternoon boat ride around Lake Pleasant. The kids did alright at first but then got a little board with just sitting there. Thankfully, I had packed cookies as a snackJ
Our next activity was decorating T-shirts. I was able to use a stencil and write camp of the woods on the children’s shirts and then they picked out a few more stencils. To through a little fun into this for me, I received a call from Matt that really helped me remember my purpose and gave me a sense of peace. Emma had a blast doing the stencils; I am thinking we may have to make another trip back to the arts and crafts hut because I kind of want a T-shirt!!
After playing in the lake and beach and a quick dinner I was excited to go listen to the speaker for the night. Who was a writer on a few of the Veggie Tales shows. Eric MeTexas is a humorous guy who wrote the book Amazing Grace.
We ended the night by making smores with our neighbor campers. Emma had a blast running around with the two boys. And I enjoyed a little adult conversation.

No comments: