Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 225

Today was our first full day at camp. We had such a great day. Unfortunately, I realized last night that I forgot my camera so I am anxiously awaiting the other girls to hopefully upload some of the fun things we did.

The first night we all slept horribly. Logan kept waking up between 12midnight and 2 AM. I offered him the normal stuff even a PBJ sandwich. He wanted out of the cabin, so I decided I would open the door and see what he wanted. He wanted in the Jeep to "Go". About broke my heart. But it was so hot and humid in the cabin I understand why he wanted to go.

We all got a early start around 6 AM or so. So after breakfast we walked up to the store to see if there were any hiking trails around. We than waited for the flag raising and hoped on the hay ride for awhile. We then decided to put on our suits and go wade in the river with the kids. It was close to 90 by 11 AM so the water was nice. After lunch we all tried to lay the kids down. None, of the kids really like this idea.

So after Logan slept for no more than 1 hour. I got my two campers into our suits to go to the pool. We were having a great time. Logan enjoyed being thrown around the pool and Emma liked just swimming around. I noticed they were making candles in the activity area so we quickly dried off and went to make some candles and then ended our little family fun with ice cream cones. While the entire camping trip was fun this brief 90 minutes with the kids was my highlight. I so wish I would have had that camera!!!

No comments: