Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 69

Today was the YMCA Shamrock 5 mile race. I was so super excited to run this race. It had been so long since I had ran outside. Last night I downloaded a new play list, found my arm band, my garmin, and my fanny pack. A few days ago I splurged on a new workout outfit. I was ready and I felt great when I finished. I wanted to finish in the 48 minute time frame but I am satisfied to have finished in 50:10 minutes. I had a blast, my lungs were on fire, my heart was beating fast and my hip flexors were killing me but it was all worth it.


The Army 10 miler is in October and on April 1st I will be signing up for it. The next race will be a 10K(6.2 miles) on Mat 2nd and I think I will start researching a marathon I can run right after Matt gets back from Afghanistan.

No comments: