Friday, January 9, 2009

Day 4


I thought it might be fun to do a Daddy count down for the kids. So I stole the idea from my good friend. We took 370 M & M's and placed them in the two jars so Emma and Logan can each have a M & M every morning as a special treat. I know they will not understand the concept until the beginning of next January but I am hoping it will be a nice distraction and a little treat every morning.
Today was a pretty slow sad day for me. Logan got me up at 5:30 this morning not feeling well and I already was not feeling all the great. I did get to hear from Matt, which was nice but sad at the same time. Now it is real. While he was traveling it did not hit me quite like it did when I heard the distant voice with the 2 second delay. This is going to be a long 370 days. ( Matt left about 1 1/2 weeks before the actual deployment will start)
I do have GREAT friends. I called and talked with another spouse and she and her son drove all the way out to see me and the kids and order dinner. It was so nice to have someone to talk to, up until the time my voice started to go:( I wanted to get in a daily blog and drink my honey tea and now I am off to bed.

3 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

That smile on Logan's face is priceless! I think the m&ms are a great idea!

Katie said...

I randomly found your blog. I'm also a wife up here in the lovely greater Northern NY. My husband just left Thursday, so if you ever need someone to talk to please don't hesitate!

Very cute idea with the MnM's!

Kelly Furtick said...

I think that is a very great idea!!! I would just have to resist getting into the whole jar :)