Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 22

Psalm 18:28-30 (New International Version)
28 You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

29 With your help I can advance against a troop [a] ; with my God I can scale a wall.

30 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

Today was a day. I started out with some more blah. Last night I got some news about 2 helicopter crashes in Iraq killing some of our Fort Drum Soldiers. This news hit closer to home when I found out at least 1 of them went to our church. After I finally got myself relaxed to go to bed Matt called around 11, which was a welcome sound. We normally talk during my days so it was nice to fall asleep with a smile on my face:)


We had a pretty good day. "Embrace the Positive, Squash the Negative" needs to be my moto. Try as I may sometimes I fall into those negative cracks and I must stop myself. Today we had a small snow fun playgroup at the house( I will post pics tomorrow) It was great to have some awesome positive women over. One of which being a spouse of a Soldier to currently deployed with children near my children's age.


When I got home tonight I was comforted by my first shipment of the Flower of the Month Club. I hinted, begged, and asked Matt for flowers. He always forgets to send stuff for certain events so I politely told him if he signed up for this he would not ever have to worry about missing certain things:) Especially with the Deployment here, he would be safe!! This arrangement is a Hawaiian arrangement meant to bring warm thoughts during the dark winter days, I Love it!!

2 comments:

Katrinka said...

Beautiful Flowers - You are one lucky lady!

Carrie LaHaie said...

What a sweet hubby! And what a way to brighten up the cold winter months!! I am so glad that you got to talk to Matt yesterday. Being at Parkside yesterday really was an emotional event, and I think it finally hit me just how BLESSED I am to have Rolland home with me!

Glad snow fun was fun!! I really wanted to go and so did the girls. But Aubrey has been waking up Bekah so early. Aubrey can handle no sleep but Bekah was a mess by 11:00! But with all this snow I am sure there will be another chance!