Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 3

Today we woke 6 inches of snow. There was a delay so Emma did not have school. So we had another pretty easy morning. Emma watched TV while Logan napped and I spent 90 minutes snow throwing, shoveling, and laying the salt.

I have a great friend who took Emma for a couple of hours. This was the second day of no school and I really needed a little break plus I needed to do a big grocery store trip. As I was picking Emma up Matt got on Yahoo from his last layover. Matt and I were able to log onto Facebook and have a little chat. It always makes my day to instant message. He is doing well just anxious to get to Afghanistan and on with this. I hope to receive a call in a day or two saying his 4 or 5 day trip is complete.

The video above is to show how much snow we have received this far. In December Watertown had received 50 inches, 25 inches more than normal. Because the temps have remained below freezing (mostly) the snow has not melted. Thankfully, my awesome husband set me up TONS of salt and the snow thrower. (And his boots, snow pants, coat, and gloves- there are just more comfortable, LOL)

No comments: