Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 116

I had a incredible time tonight at the 3rd Brigade Volunteer Appreciation Party. The night started sharing a quick glass of wine at Matt's old Commander's house with his wife and fellow "battle buddies". They are an incredibly funny bunch of gals that I am missing. But luckily, with the change of command a couple of weeks ago we did not go far. So they are stuck with me:)



We then high tailed it over to the Party. I went and bought a new dress and cool wedge sandals that I was sportin. I was totally over dressed but I enjoyed being dressed up and pretty much hit the dance floor right away. I did first get a chance to meet some of the girls in the new company that Matt is getting ready to take over. I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many incredibly strong, independent, and wonderful ladies. So we all danced and danced and then we danced some more. Unfortunately for me I turned into a pumpkin at 8:20. The party planners also got us free child care but it ended at 8:30 so a group of us had to head out a little early. Oh what a night. (Pic to come soon)

No comments: