Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Day 107


God is Amazing. Throughout this deployment I have had quite a few rough times and quite a few days that I just wanted to end. I try to stay very positive and as of late it seems to really be to my advantage. I will take the positive out of every situation that I face. I will encourage myself to stay strong within myself and my beliefs and just do what needs to be done with a smile on my face.
Today was a day that started great and ended even better. From the time the alarm went of at 5:30 I had so much energy and excitement about my life and my multiple blessings . As I was getting ready to leave for the day I was also chatting with Matt via Yahoo when the doorbell rang. I was so excited to see that long green box. While I was at Walmart I also received a call from the Lemon Law People offering us a cash settlement from the Jeep manufacturer. Finally all the stress, inconvenience, and trouble the Jeep has caused us we will get a monetary pay back. (I think Carnival Cruises are calling our name!!) And to top the night off I attended a Volunteer Ceremony and had a blast. I really did not know what to except as I went into it but it was incredible. I knew I had long in just a few volunteer hours this last year but I did not realize it was over 500!! Which qualified me for the Gold Award and a Gold Award Reception prior to the ceremony. I really enjoyed eating and having a glass of champagne with my fellow Army friends.
God is amazing and I am so thankful for his blessings. Each day he continues to amaze me. Some days he gives me trials to overcome but I believe those trials are meant to make me a better person and to teach me a little more about what I can in fact handle.

No comments: