Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Zucchini Bread


Tonight I will be up ALL night baking bread!! This last spring I decided I would try my luck at gardening and planting 2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash plants. They both did great. We have had squash growing out of our ears. We started just steaming it with EVERY meal and than we went to just snacking on it raw and than I forgot about it. Yesterday I remembered I had 4 very very large zucchini's still left so I thought??? I will make bread for all my FRG Leader friends. Wonderful idea yes, crazy idea-Yes. I have made 2 trips to the store for more oil, eggs, flour, and sugar. When I ran out of vanilla I said this is enough. I am at the end of the 5th batch of bread and have another 2 hours of baking left. But I know it will be yummy.




We had a great day at home today. I had a new friend over with her 17 month old and it was great just to sit back and enjoy. I rarely actually sit when I have friends over but with the little ones it was easier to stay in the living room than open up the gate to the kitchen. After sitting for 2 hours talking I was eager to get up and start grating the zucchini but I stayed down and in the end really enjoyed myself.

No comments: