Monday, October 6, 2008

1st Full Day at the AUSA FRG Symposium


Today was a fun filled busy day. It all started when I woke up at 6:04 AM, why?? I did not have to wake up until 6:45 AM. So I got up and jumped on the treadmill for a quick little run. After a quick bagel and shower I met up with the group and headed to the forum.

I am so totally excited that I ran into our old Battalion Commander and his wife from Germany. I learned so much from this lady. Well, I kept running into her all day long. I hope we get a chance to have lunch tomorrow.

After the opening emotional powerful ceremony we were able to look at TONS of exhibits. Lots of the new army stuff and exhibits set up for the FRG leaders with all the new and cool stuff being offered to our military families.

The afternoon session was equally awesome. After hearing General Casey and his spouse speak it left me very motivated and excited for all that is to come. We had a few more speakers and there were dismissed early. I will plan on writing a little more in a day or two about some topics.

I came back to the hotel and talked with Matt and Lori and my little Princess. Emma was very excited to talk with me but when I called Daddy had just walked in, Dinner was on the table, and Emma was on the phone. A lot was going on.

I met a couple of the gals and we headed to dinner and than dessert and coffee at another restaurant. I know these gals from PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel) so we had a lot of fun talking about stuff.

It is super late and I really need to get to bed. I will write more tomorrow.

No comments: