Sunday, October 5, 2008

Desperate Housewives and Wine

Here I sit at a beautiful hotel in a awesome room all by myself watching Desperate Housewife's, eating pistachios, drinking red wine, and cruisin online. Life is good. There is only one important person missing and that is not the kids. Matt keeps saying thinking like you are on vacation why are you doing this and that. It is not really a vacation when your best friend is not with you. Yes, I have hardly been gone 12 hours and I really miss my hubby and kids.

It has been a long day. I was up at 5:30 AM to be on Post by 7:00 AM . We landed here in DC and had a couple hours to ourselves. I sat and read 1/2 of a really really good book. The Shack by William Young. After our opening ceremony I walked with another lady to get our metro ticket and than back to the hotel. I bought my pistachios and glass of wine and headed up to my room. Here it is 9:45 PM and I am in this comfy comfy bed and ready to fall asleep.

Tomorrow is another early morning and long day at the convention center. We get done by 4:30 PM and I am not really sure what I want to do. I really want to come back and get my clothes and head back to "The Mall" area and go for a run but I am thinking it may not be the safest best idea. So most likely I will head back here to the gym for my run and a Pilate's DVD before I head out to dinner with some of the ladies. We will see. Off to dreamland I am going for now!!

No comments: