Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 196

The Second Attempt to get back to reality.... We all sleep in this morning which was very very nice. After we hung out and cleaned up a bit I decided that we would head to our church here in Carthage. Emma really enjoys it there and it was nice to see a few familiar faces:) As I sat in church praising my God I could not help but be so thankful for all my incredible friends. Without, them I am not sure if the second attempt would have been successful.

After church I knew I really did not want to stay home for long. So after lunch and naps the kids and I met up with all our friends for a nice walk and bike ride. Emma is really enjoying her new bike. Katie then informed me that she had a steak with my name on it!! I really needed and enjoyed just a little more time away from my self-pity. The kids played and played and Katie and I enjoyed our steaks, gin and tonic, and good conversation.

The second attempt worked. After giving the kids a bath at Katie's, I headed home with sleepy kids in tote. I stayed up a little too late but managed to fall fast asleep and stay that way until the alarm went off at 6. Back to reality

No comments: