Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 195

So I think I had been in denial and completly forgot this day was going to come around. Even as I sit here 2 days later I am still wondering if he is going to come in the front door. (for the record he is still traveling back to his home away from home)


We had such a great night the night before that we feel fast asleep. My mind woke me around 3 AM with reality, that the alarm would indeed go off around 4 and we would be saying "see you later" around 6. So the moment came, the last hug and the last kiss. I thankfully had been given a gate pass and was able to hold on to him until the last minute. Another blessing was a friend who also was saying "see you later".

After Matt bordered my friend and I stood talking for nearly 20 minutes before we decided we better head back to Watertown where are friends were waiting to listen to us, to hold us, and to just be there. I am so incredibly blessed. My 2 wonderful friends who are still waiting for there special 2 weeks allowed me to whine, be depressed, laugh, cry, and even talk about all the fun fun times I had over and over again. The kids and I spent the entire day with our God- sends before heading home for the first attempt to face reality.

1 comment:

debs life said...

I am glad you have such great friends, I didn't have that in Fort Riley while Seth was deployed, which is why I visited home with my parents so often. I hope if Seth deploys in the future I can have that. Friends are really great (mostly those who realllly understand what you are going through) make deployments so much easier to deal with.