Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 188











Day 4 of Camping and I was a little tired!! I so totally love to camp but I am not a tent sleeper at all. I am actually more comfortable with a big fire falling asleep in one of the chairs with a foot rest. So after I sleep next to the fire until around 3:30 AM I was finally able to sleep in the tent, thankfully the kids were also tired and sleep until 8:45 AM!!! We started the morning with another big breakfast before we set out for a short hike that lead to a few waterfalls. Emma and Matt had already been on this so Emma was a little upset and complained about how tired she was the entire time and once we got to the waterfalls Logan got upset because of the loudness. It was all wonderful!! After hiking we headed to a little beach nearby. The kids played in the sand and water while Daddy and I watched on. With the winds picking up and Logan needing a nap Logan and I started to clean up while Emma and Daddy went for a little swim. After nap time we headed out to take a Gondola ride up White face mountain but because of the approaching storm they were on hold. Without thinking about all the rain we headed to another grocery store to buy chicken for dinner. When we did pull back into the campground there were puddles galore and it was still pouring down rain. Looking at all the puddles Logan would love to jump in and the fact there was really no where to let the kids play we decided it was best to pack up and go. My wonderful husband spent the next 90 minutes packing us and the Jeep up in the pouring down rain. Still a little wet we arrived home around 9 PM, in time for showers and bed!!

No comments: