Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 253

Today has been a nice easy day around the house. I was able to enjoy a nice video chat with Matt where I also learned about a special birthday gift that I will be given next March. Matt surprised me with a ticket to Mazatlan Mexico in March. Lori and her friend Mary will be meeting me there and treating me to 1 week in a beautiful resort. I am so excited for a opportunity to get away with no kids and no responsibility. While the trip is a little overwhelming for me to think of Matt not being there; I know this is a great gift for me to get away with my good friend and enjoy the sun and beach after a long deployment:) I am already looking forward to a spa day, sitting by the pool with a good book, and enjoying many many margaritas at the pool bar!!!

No comments: