Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 133

This afternoon we attended a double Batman/Superman Party for some good friends. The kids (and mommies) had a blast. After yesterdays emotionally draining news and day the mommies took the first couple of hours to fellowship and enjoy each other while the children ran through the house. And then the party began for the kids. The birthday boys each enjoyed a cake and then shared cupcakes with the many kids around the table.



It is a blessing to be surrounded by some many women and their children. I am embracing what life has to offer at this given moment. God is shining through me and using me beyond what I knew was possible. This afternoon as my dear friend's child was sick in bed. And as I sat next to him (on the top bunk) I asked if we could pray and this dear sweet child of God looked up and said yes. At that moment I felt so honored to be praying for this child and his family.





Romans 12:9-10 "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves."




No comments: