Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day 118

I am so totally on cloud nine right now. I had a blast at the Running for Recovery From Additions 10K this morning The weather was beautiful. A little cold but I knew once I got started I would warm up. I enjoyed every moment of the run. The course was not bad. There were hills but then there were parts of going down hill that seemed to last a while. I had set my mind that at 5 1/2 miles that I would put on my favorite song Flo Rider's Right Round and as soon as the song started my legs just went. My goal was to complete the 6.2 mile run in 60 minutes so you can imagine my surprise when I crossed the line at 56:30 and then learned I took 2nd in my age group. I am so totally proud of myself. In March I did a 5 mile race and was in pain as I crossed the finish line in 50:12. So to know I had improved my endurance and strength so much makes getting up at 5:30 oh so worth it!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I am so proud of you.

hmb said...

I just got to your blog (somehow), I'm going to be at fort drum, too, in the next couple of months...