Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 273

Today was the big day. THE ARMY TEN MILER. I have trained and looked forward to this for soo long. I was awoken with a positive encouraging phone call from Matt. He had just completed his Army Ten Miler Shadow Run with a time of 1 hour 20 minutes and 32 Seconds. This was at a elevation of 6360 feet and he ran on a rocky surface with a cold. I was super proud of him and really excited to know he completed this run "along with me".

I headed a few years later for a incredible experience. There were nearly 30,000 runners that ran in DC today. When I started the race I could not help but feel all the energy and excitement around. I started the first 3 miles at a steady 8:45 min mile and felt incredible. As the runners started to thin out a little I slowed down so I could take my 30 second walk breaks every half mile but found myself maintaining a 9:45 min pace with very few walk breaks. This was such a incredible experience. I am already looking forward to next year.






No comments: