Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I am still around and still trying to get this couponing thing down. Because we have put ourselves on a strict grocery budget I am really trying to make good decisions in regards to coupons and the need for the product. I have found my best deals at Publix. Every week they offer Buy 1 get one free deals and you only have to buy 1 to get the product 1/2 off. And then pair that will a manufacturers or a store coupon and it may be next to free. Most Publix take Target coupons as well. So one deal the other day was Mayo for $1.99 with a $1.00 target coupon and a .75 cent manufacturers coupon made the Mayo .24 cents!! Like I said I am really trying to decide what we need. I have also set limits on what I will spend per item. But, like the deal above it is hard to pass up buying something when the deal is so good!!

The kids are well. We are so lucky to live in a neighborhood with lots of kids. There is a set of 5 year old twins that love to play with Emma and Logan. Emma will quickly finish her homework after school so she can play outside.

We are also looking forward to hosting my mom and dad in a short 4 weeks!! I am very anxious to have a chance to visit and connect with my mom again. It has been so long since we have had a chance to just veg out and talk. We are hoping to sneak a quick over night trip to Savannah and maybe try out the Paula Dean and Son's restaurant.

Well, I have spent way too much time on coupons and not enough time on homework this AM. Must get myself motivated:)

1 comment:

Janet said...

Jennifer

I also can't wait to get there. It is coming fast. Just vegging and talk alot sounds good. Can I have a nap too? I think we better plan to go to coffee.
Good job on the couponing. It is hard work. When you were little I did that too.
Talk to you soon.

Love you
Mom