Thursday, January 13, 2011

Couponing



I have decided to start couponing. I have always tried too but was never very good. So one of my many New Years Resolutions is to cut back on my grocery bill. I am also going into this with a mind set of "Do I need this item" I have made some pretty good deals so far.
Today I went to the Winn-Dixie and got:
3 boxes of special K
1 box of Special K snack bars
gallon of milk
2 yogurts
1 cranberry juice
20 yoplaits
banana's
2 Ronzoni pasta's
4 cans of Progresso soup
2 bags of Caribou coffee
all for less that $30. That is a savings of $42 dollars!!!
My next trip was to the CVS to figure out the "Drugstore Game" The game is to find and buy items that will give you "extra care bucks". To start this I bought 1 thing of Recesses dots and a Snickers for $2.59. I got $2.59 cents in Extra care bugs that I can use on my next CVS trip. (these are printed on the receipt so be sure to save receipts)
Since I am just started I have not been to Walreens or Rite Aid yet, but they have the same kind of deals. Stay tuned to for more......savings!!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I am so proud of you. It it a hard job. Can't wait to see you.

Love
Mom