Saturday, July 17, 2010

Daytona Beach


Matt in front of the Daytona Speedway


The kids enjoying their popsicles

Logan playing on his belly with the sand toys




The Sun felt INCREDIBLE:)


working on his tan




The LaQuinta that we stayed in friday night
Matt driving on the Beach


Matt, I, and the kids decided to start our Florida vacation 1 day early and headed to Daytona Beach. We arrived late Friday night and were able to jump in the pool and walk to Beach line before putting the kids to bed around 11:30PM. I am so happy we choose to do this because our first full day in Florida was awesome. We woke up around 8:30 AM and while the kids went down for breakfast I headed out on a very relaxing 3 mile run on the beach BAREFOOT. I have always wanted to experience this. Despite the 3 blisters on my toes I really enjoyed the run:

The rest of the afternoon was spent on the beach playing in the sand and warm Atlantic Water. The kids had a blast. Emma found a TON of mini shells and Logan really enjoyed planting his belly in the sand a playing with his boats and sand toys. I enjoyed about 100 pages of my book and I know Matt loved the chance to jump the waves:)

No comments: